Friday 6 May 2016

I STILL FARM.

After weeks of waiting, I was finally able to go to the farm. Owning cattle makes me complete.  I am still far from my goals, but I take it one step at a time. 

Have no words to express how happy I was there. lol.  I did all I said I would do.  Worked too hard. 

I vaccinated the herd against blackleg, anthrax and botulism.  Used Supervax for that inoculation. The calves at 6 months were also vaccinated. A multivitamin compound from Norbrook was used. In 4-6 weeks time, I shall boost with Duovax and than add RB51 with that. I still need to de-worm though but only in June. 

I assessed the body condition score (BSC) of the entire herd. Mostly between 4-6.  May is weaning month for calves born in quarter 2 of last year (May-August).

The grass still looks good.  50% green 50% yellow.  Starting with Winter lick supplementation soon. 

Below are some pictures from the past days.
































































Till next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment