Saturday 7 March 2015

BRAHMAN CATTLE

The brahman cattle are amazing.  I was fortunate enough to acquire brahman bulls from a stud owner.  The fathers are all stud registered.  


 
   White brahman bulls...Super hungry...Was left overnight for viewing the next day.


 
   Good stretch!



  
  My favorite bull.  Slighly more than 2 years old.  Weaned very well.

I love the breed.  The thing I love the most is that it makes a very good crossbreed.  They good looking, hardy and perform well with the Simmentaler ( to yield Simbra) and with the Santa Gertrudis.  Only disadvantage is that they take quiet long to reach puberty, about 2 to 3 years.  But once they have reached puberty, they can breed for the next 15 years, bearing a calf each year.  That's a bonus!  The brahman cattle adapt easily to different conditions. They both browsers and grazers with good fertility and mothering skills. They not too heavy on the scale for the 'dollar man' though. Which is why I prefer crossbreeds.  

Below are my crossbreeds at my ranch.



 Thriving brahman tolly and cows.  



    
   More crossbreeds.  Pregnant heifer. 


  
  Pregnant brahman heifer.


 Brahman crossed with Santa Gertrudis.  Beautiful and huge.


Videos below shows how the brahman performs, both in Namibia and in other areas. 







XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment